Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Shady Spring Elementary School! Positive involvement of parents, families, and the community promotes a healthy and enriched learning environment for our students!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Chaperones **Look for upcoming field trip info in your child's folder**
- Art Classroom Helper
- Library Classroom Helper
- Clerical & Classroom Support
- Lego Club
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming signups. Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the link below to see our signups
2) Review the signups listed and choose the one(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Interested in a different opportunity? Email our Parent Service Coordinator to inquire about opportunities that suit your interests and/or talents.
Volunteer Training Information
Volunteers have to complete volunteer training every school year. The volunteer orientation process must be completed in order to attend field trips, class events, classroom and clerical support, field day, picnics, after-school programs, mentoring, etc.
Baltimore County Public Schools’ Required Steps for Volunteering:
- Complete the Online Volunteer Training. Print out your certificate once you have completed the training and return it to our Parent Service Coordinator.
- Confirm with the teacher prior to the event that your application and certificate are on file at the school.
Need More Information?
Contact our Parent Service Coordinator: Tara Curtis
BCPS Application for Volunteer Services
BCPS Online Volunteer Training